Baltimore, Maryland, United States Industry Category:
General Contractors - Managers
Atlanta, Ft Lauderdale, Tampa
Personal Website Link::
To lead a general or trade contracting company by driving clear focus and goals, and using technology for operational efficiency and financial control.
OPERATIONS AND CONSTRUCTION EXECUTIVE
Performance-driven business operations manager skilled in process development and implementation that maximizes efficiency and production volume while ensuring financial controls and information accessibility. Proven ability to improve business functions and achieve results in the face of extensive change and considerable growth. An ethical, trustworthy, polished professional who leads by example and demands accountability by measuring performance.
Project Management Process Development & Implementation Software Customization IT Management
Financial Controls & Budgets Staffing & Performance Management Estimating & Sales Marketing
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Operations ManagerNichols Contracting & Nichols Power Systems, Sandy Spring, MD
October 2010 – Present
General Contracting and Electrical & Fire Alarm Subcontracting businesses focused on renovation and repair projects. With 50 employees the companies are established as MD/DC/VA market leaders in providing turnkey services for the elevator industry. Growth focus is facility repairs and renovations for large government and institutional campuses. Responsibilities
- Supervise, improve, and standardize operational functions including project management, field production, finance, IT, marketing, and HR.
- Staff organization, define responsibilities, and manage 12 direct reports.
- Oversee financial systems and controls, create budgets, and develop long term plans and goals.
- Directly manage special and complex projects to ensure performance, profitability, and client satisfaction.
Construction Sales ManagerThyssenKrupp Elevator, Washington, D.C.
- Increased revenue from $8.3 M in 2009 to $15.4M in 2012.
- Customized company operational software, Sage100, to be used for project management, fleet management, and personnel documentation.
- Created and customized Sage100 reports to improve process efficiencies, assign tasks, track performance, pull data, and enhance aesthetics.
- Directly managed approximately 200 projects and $16M in billings to date.
- Modified accounting practices to ensure accurate overhead, G&A, and job costing.
- Improved information flow and accessibility by establishing remote access (RDP), transferring to cloud based email platform (Office 365), and updating and importing company contact database into cloud based SageCRM program.
- Strengthened team collaboration and standardization by consolidating separate company offices to property developed and built by NCI.
- Recruited, hired, and trained complete new office staff through office move and revenue growth.
May 2004 – October 2010
Elevator Technologies is one of five business areas of ThyssenKrupp AG, a worldwide corporation employing 150,000. ThyssenKrupp Elevator is the largest producer of elevators in the Americas, with 13,500 employees and 200 branch and service locations. Business focus is elevator and escalator maintenance contracts, new installation, and modernization. Responsibilities
- Oversee business development, estimating, and sales of new construction projects for ThyssenKrupp Elevator's full line of vertical transportation equipment.
- Evaluate and negotiate contract scope, terms, and conditions.
- Manage awarded projects, including driving the submittal process, ordering equipment, maintaining schedule, change orders, and closeout.
- Earned the following promotions:
- August 2004 – Lead Construction Sales Representative, Orlando - $6M sales goal
- October 2006 – Construction Sales Manager, Baltimore - $9M sales goal
- October 2009 – Construction Sales Manager, Washington, D.C. - $30M sales goal
- Exceeded sales goals every year.
- Was awarded U.S. top traction sales in 2005.
- Sold $18M contract, 30 Elevators, for the Johns Hopkins Hospital New Clinical Building in 2007.
EDUCATION Bachelor of Science, Mechanical EngineeringUniversity of Florida
OTHER QUALIFICATIONSCoursera Online MOOC Education Courses
LEED Accredited Professional, Building Design & Construction
- Developing Innovative Ideas for New Companies: The First Step in Entrepreneurship, University of Maryland College Park, January 2013
- Introduction to Operations Management, University of Pennsylvania Wharton School, November 2013
September 2010 Leadership Training for Managers, Dale Carnegie
August 2009 Elevator Electrical License, Howard County, MD
November 2008 Fundamentals of Engineering (FE/EIT) Certification, Florida Board of Professional Engineers