Strong business leader who consistently delivers excellent results: revenue growth, improved product/brand awareness, sales team development, effective sales tools, comprehensive marketing and business development strategies. Management and tactical expert for 15 years. Highly adept and experienced at efficiently orchestrating complex organizational development and multiple marketing, profit and sales generating initiatives. Polished communicator with superior client relationship development and management talents. Motivational leader who builds and pilots teams to achieve results that meet and exceed organizational objectives.
- 20%+ product awareness growth in 12 months by listening to customers and partners.
- Grew gross margins from 5% to 17% through reengineering distribution business.
- Trained distributed sales teams on new products and programs.
- Produced 700% revenue growth for a startup company in 3 years.
- Created global product training for sales, marketing and operations teams.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Networking & Alliances
Problem Identification & Solutions
Strategic & Tactical Marketing
Milestone Systems, Beaverton, Oregon Sales and Marketing Operations Management
(February 2010 July 2010)
- 20% sales pipeline increase by improving salesforce.com practices.
- Improved national account approval rating by 15%.
- 30% revenue growth delivered by improved worldwide channel program
- Enhanced moral through coaching, new processes, identifying interdependencies, improved planning.
HBS Consulting, Portland, Oregon Business Development, Public Affairs, Operations
(December 2006 2010)
Growing companies is my focus: strategy, planning and execution of tactics. Helping companies take their next step forward. Recent projects include:
- 40% gain in RFP response acceptance delivered through my project management process.
- 30% improved stakeholder approval of State project by using PMP project management processes.
- Delivered 150% improved sales pipeline through rebuilding of CRM tools.
- Created a Sustainability Plan for a company.
INTEL CORPORATION, Hillsboro, Oregon - Computer Processor Manufacturer
Senior Worldwide Marketing Manager, Demand Generation Manager (1999 2006)
Managed & led multiple teams and budgets to deliver marketing programs including: Channels, Demand Generation, Strategy development, Inbound Marketing, Go-To-Market Campaigns, joint OEM and Independent Software Vendor marketing.
- $2B+ revenue resulted from changing corporate strategy for telephone companies.
- Received Divisional and Business Unit awards for marketing program creation and execution.
- Alliance-Partner building with software developers, OEMs, ODMs to build brand equity and revenue.
- Created CTO advisory forum; product awareness jumped over 20% worldwide.
- Led team that built new product category in 2 years.
TRANSPORT LOGIC, Portland, Oregon - Internet Service Provider Business & Consumer
Vice President, Sales & Marketing (19971999)
Grew this start-up to enable successful liquidity event. My role was overall sales and marketing executive, strategist and evangelist.
- Hired sales team and put sales manager in place, sales growth of over 500% in first 90 days of having sales people.
- Built relationship with press: resulted in average of two articles a month in national and local publications.
- Created a suite of value-added services with a complete supporting marketing campaign, providing a very innovative approach which gave the company industry leadership (Computer Reseller News). Created inbound marketing programs to augment traditional outbound marketing campaigns.
GST TELECOMMUNICATIONS, Portland, Oregon - CLEC Telephone Company
Regional Manager (1996)
Managed western region: marketing, sales and operations. Acting General Manager for the Hawaii operation: overseeing administrative staff, sales/marketing personnel, customer service reps and technical network engineers.
- Sold 18% more new accounts than previous record.
- Managed search and hired new General Manager for Hawaii operation.
- 20% revenue growth delivered from creating concept, writing and implemented sales and marketing plan.
THE MOORE COMPANY, Portland, Oregon - Wholesale Distributor
Division Manager (1990-1996)
General and financial management role for regional distribution company providing WAN, LAN, Telephony products to Value Added Resellers, System Integrators, telephone companies and manufacturers. Re-engineered the business from a traditional office automation focus to new growth markets during the early days of the Internet, resulting in gross margin growth from 5% - 17%.
- Developed Online Reseller Portal for VAR customers to order online, orders shipping or picked up same day. The portal received high praise from both VARs and the industry as the first distributor to deliver such an effective online tool.
- Established industry awareness as a key player so manufacturers wanted us to carry their products: VTech, Rockwell, PictureTel, Panasonic, Acer, and Micropolis.
- Delivered 80% margin on new product, designed and sourced parts for technical team to build voicemail system that sold to resellers who could sell for twice what they paid for the system.
- Managed key revenue accounts that delivered as much as 10% of the companys monthly sales goal.
University of Puget Sound, Bachelor of Arts, History: Junior year abroad - Trinity College, St Marys College UK.
Have completed numerous skill-enhancing, technical, marketing, sales and management courses.
American Marketing Association, Oregon Bioscience Association, Oregon Entrepreneurs Network, Software Association of Oregon, Association of Public Safety Communications Officials, Tech America Association, NW Environmental Business Council, Green Building Council-Cascadia Region