Robert C. Patton
To work in a dynamic, collaborative, results-oriented and challengingprofessional position which encourages initiative and creativity
Successful manager and interdisciplinary team leader
Proven communication, writing and team building skills,computer savvy
Well-developed presentation, persuasion and analyticalskills
Energetic, creative, resourceful, enterprising, broadthinker
First WindEnergy, Portland, Maine
SeniorManager, Asset Management/Operations
With seven operating wind farms andfive under construction, I was promoted to help shift company focus from Development to Operations. I developed theprocedure then transitioned completed projects from development/construction tooperations, created vision and laid groundwork for an integrated real estatemanagement system, developed surplus property procedure and negotiated sale ofassets, managed landowner relations, property tax negotiations, operationalcompliance issues, turbine storage process and maintenance of stored turbines.
Lead, managed and supported allaspects of the development of utility-scale wind projects from initial siteidentification through construction. Responsibilities included;feasibility and risk analysis,site layout, land acquisition, development schedule and budget, wind energyassessment, site suitability, interconnection/transmission strategy, turbineselection, permitting schedule and status, interface with local, state andfederal agencies and regulators, and public outreach, as well as oversight ofmultiple contractors including civil and electrical engineering, environmentalstudies, permitting, and legal; and prepared and presented detailed projectanalysis to key stakeholders.FPL Energy, Inc., Lewiston and Yarmouth, Maine
Senior ProductionLeader Hydro and Fossil
Key management role responsible for all cost-based businessaspects of 36 Mainehydro-electric facilities and three fossil-fueled electric generationfacilities. Responsibilities included:
- Developed, negotiated, implemented, tracked, forecasted and updated six year base O&M, Project and Capital budgets totaling $29.5 million annually
- Provided leadership, management and oversight of all Maine sites purchasing and procurement for materials and services, including policy and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, transaction execution and approval process, bids and bidding process, monthly and annual accrual process, vendor contracts and relations, project tracking and sales tax reporting. Provided site solutions, databases, infrastructure, work processes and policies to achieve results. Developed and tracked key indicators to measure performance.
- Provided leadership, management and oversight of all Maines inventory functions encompassing $4.5M in parts and supplies throughout 14 locations. Ensured compliance with Corporate policies and Sarbanes-Oxley narratives, provided support, training and peer review of critical processes, including shipping and receiving, ordering, issuing, data management, quarterly and annual inventory, valuation and reporting
- Provided management and oversight of Maines union and non-union clerical functions, including AP, timekeeping, payroll, filing and file structure, training and support
- Managed combined real estate holdings of 39 discrete locations, comprising in excess of 10,000 acres, including stewardship, acquisitions, sales, easements, leases, rentals, timber and gravel sales, and containing more than 250 small recreation sites.
- Managed the rapid expansion and growth of the recreational utilization of company property, providing annually for more than 60,000 whitewater rafting visitors and other recreational visitors
SeniorResource Specialist/Production Leader - Hydro
Multi-faceted position starting up and operating newlyacquired Hydro division. Responsible for Business, Real Estate, Fisheries,Biology, Recreation, and Public Relations functions, with five professional-leveldirect reports under which are an additional seven people.
Managed all cost-basedbusiness aspects of 36 Maine-based hydro-electric facilities, with a combined$20 million annual budget, including budget preparation and negotiation,project review and approvals, cost tracking and reporting, authoring businessand operating plans, establishing and tracking indicators
Managedcombined real estate holdings in excess of 10,000 acres and 36 discrete hydrosites
Managed theexpansion and growth of the recreational utilization of company property
Establishedand implemented new business practices, procedures, structure and reporting,and negotiated deliverables with counterparts and senior management
Managed andoversaw staff biologists conducting aquatic, avian, and macroinvertibratestudies necessary for operational license compliance
Managedfisheries staff operating fish lifts/ladders, conducting effectiveness studies
Specified,built and maintained various tracking, reporting, workflow and knowledgemanagement databases using Lotus and Microsoft products
Worked with a small, talented transition team facilitatingFPL Energys $846 million acquisition of Central Maine Power Companys generatingunits. This involved high-level negotiations and decision making on assetacquisition, transition of ownership, demarcation of boundaries, andpost-closing operations.
Central MainePower Company, Augusta, Maine
ProgramManager, Business Development
Lead andmanaged the development, design, programming, operation, training, maintenanceand marketing of an economic development database system linking commercialreal estate and economic development professionals, with 65+ installations and250+ users across the state.
Developed,wrote and executed business plans, and provided strategic future vision,project milestones, prioritized goals and objectives, and directed, coached andencouraged team members and others from diverse functions to help achieve thesegoals.
Developedinternal and external partnerships, alliances and relationships with dataproviders, system users and stakeholders, including all the State, regional andsub regional economic development organizations, various industry groups,outside data and programming vendors and practically every commercial realestate brokerage in the state.
Activelyrecruited new users onto the system by giving more than 150 presentations, fromKittery toCaribou to the Governors office.
Senior RealEstate Agent
Handled realestate purchases, sales, due diligence, property aggregations and negotiationsand appraisals, drafted and interpreted contracts, legal documents and deeds,ordered and reviewed surveys, environmental studies and title searches andmaintained property and transaction records.
AllainMortgage Resources, Inc., Sanford, Maine
Co-founder of a small mortgage company
Provided realestate and industry input in founding of company
Developed andmarketed unique services and products to residential real estate agencies andthe public
Recruited,trained and supervised mortgage specialists, and wrote and edited trainingmaterials, helped establish and maintain working relationships with lendinginstitutions, investors, title companies, surveyors, real estate agencies andattorneys