Design & Construction Job Descriptions & Questions
What is the job description of a Mechanical Detailing Manager?
Mechanical construction company uses 3D detailing software by TSI (CAD-Pipe and CAD-Duct) and Navisworks Conflict Resolution.
Responsibilities in this position will be to:
1) Oversee 5-10 detailers, schedule and prioritize the detailing of contracted projects
2) Coordinate with the Project Managers to obtain submittals, drawing discs, etc. that is required for the detailers to perform their duties.
3) Check completed drawings for accuracy with detailer
4) Must be able to do detailing, if required. A minimum of 4 years, recent experience using AutoCAD 2007 or higher 3D Duct Design. We are using TSI software CAD-Mech and CAD-Duct, and Navisworks Conflict Resolution
1) Knowledge of 3D AutoCAD
2) Knowledge and experience of HVAC/Piping, Plumbing Piping, Sheet Metal, Detailing
3) Minimum of 4 years experience as manager of detailing department
4) Experience with Isometric Fabrication Drawings
5) Experience detailing central plants, commercial buildings, hospital and institutional projects, steam systems
6) Experience in coordinating your drawings with other trades