Salary, Benefits & Job Offer Questions
What are some tips to use when asking for a raise?
1. Don't act entitled. There's a fine line between projecting confidence and appearing arrogant.
2. Don't tell a sob story. Keep your construction personal challenges to yourself and concentrate on demonstrating why your services are worth more than you're being paid.
3. Don't indulge in theatrics. Outward displays of anger and other histrionics will only make you look unprofessional and unstable.
4. Don't demand to be paid as much as a co-construction executive. It's irksome to discover that one of your colleagues is getting more than you to perform the same job, but don't assume that confronting your supervisor will lead to parity.
5. Don't threaten to quit. Threatening to walk out sends the message that you are not committed to the construction employer, which makes you a bad bet.