Design & Construction Job Descriptions & Questions
What is a Cement Mason job description?
* Check the forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed.
* Set the forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch and depth.
* Spread, level, and smooth concrete, using rakes, shovels, hand or power trowels, hand or power screeds, and floats.
* Monitor how the wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process.
* Signal truck driver to position truck to facilitate pouring concrete, and move chute to direct concrete on forms.
* Direct the casting of the concrete and supervise laborers who spread it. ·
* Cut out damaged areas, drill holes for reinforcing rods, and position reinforcing rods to repair concrete.
* Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete.
* Waterproof or restore concrete surfaces, using appropriate compounds.
* Mix cement, sand, and water to produce concrete or grout.
* Perform tasks and assist co-workers with minimum of redirection.
* Demonstrate good workmanship in a neat and timely manner.
* Experience on wind farms or other power generating projects is a plus.
* Ability to multi-task and work under pressure and deadlines.
* Ability to interact with all levels of the organization to bring about successful completion of project.
* Must demonstrate ability of being a good team player.
* Experience in effectively prioritizing and executing tasks.
* Must pass drug screen and background check.
* Must have valid drivers license with clean record.