SENIOR PROPERTY MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL with expertise in Commercial Real Estate. Hands-on, strategic planner with solid problem solving and decision making skills in all phases of construction, leasing, day-to-day operations and acquisition / disposition of an asset. A passionate leader with relentless focus on financial analysis, incorporating operational cost saving measures and staff efficiencies.
- Proposal / RFP Development
- Vendor Contract Management
- Budget Development
- Client / Tenant Relations
- Commissioning of New Construction
- Lease Abstracts
- Receiverships / Foreclosures
- Energy Efficient / Green Initiatives
- Risk Management
CASSIDY TURLEY, St Louis, MO 2009 - 2012
Commercial Real Estate Company - transferred 3 OPUS built properties after the OPUS East Bankruptcy
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, PRINCIPAL, DIRECTOR, Property Management, Charlotte, NC 2011 - 2012
Led 15 staff in all aspects of Commercial Property Management for the Charlotte, NC Metro Area, comprised of 7.2M rentable square feet and over $40M in operational budgets. Reduced Owner and company risk by ensuring adherence of contract language and newly developed policy / procedures, acted as Receiver during court ordered Receivership / Foreclosures and provided assistance during building transitions.
- Increased departmental profit margin by 19% in less than 12 months by performing in-depth property analysis, renegotiating multiple property management contracts and billing back expenses where feasible.
- Procured 2.5M rentable square feet of new business in less than 12 months by developing quality proposal submittals with appropriate staffing levels, competitive pricing and reputation of prior success.
- Enhanced overall productivity by realigning staff by expertise level and geographical location.
VICE PRESIDENT - CO-LEADER, Property Management, Baltimore, MD 2011
Managed day-to-day operations of 3 properties while providing leadership to the Baltimore, MD Property Management Department, comprised of 7M rentable square feet and over $60M in operational budgets. Mentored 21 staff during multiple corporate initiatives such as a YARDI 6.0 accounting software conversion and the Kingsley Tenant Satisfaction Survey.
- Increased departmental profit margin by 3% by performing in-depth building by building analysis, suggesting re-negotiation of fees or dropping 10 buildings due to extremely low margins.
- Procured 500,000 rentable square feet of new business - wrote proposals, determined fee structure and applicable staffing, assisted with transition and budget development.
SENIOR PROPERTY MANAGER, Washington, DC 2009 - 2010
Performed the day-to-day property management functions and directed the engineering staff for multiple commercial buildings. Assisted other properties during special projects such as transitions, lease abstracts, year-end reconciliations, and development of proforma budgets for newly constructed facilities.
- Expanded the portfolio by transferring 3 projects from the OPUS East portfolio totaling $284K annual revenue and 434,000 rentable square feet.
- Awarded the 2009 PMMY Special Achievement Award for contributions to the Washington DC Team.
OPUS EAST, LLC, Rockville, MD 2003 - 2009
Design / Build Merchant Builder - transitioned with entire OPUS East portfolio from 3rd party to in-house property management
DIRECTOR, Property Management - Portfolio Manager of Government & Defense Contractors
Created and developed the in-house Property Management Team for over $2.5M RSF of newly constructed commercial office and large box warehouse projects in VA, DC, MD, PA and NJ. Participated in the entire development process - design, construction, commissioning, day-to-day operations and the disposition of the asset. Developed Green Initiatives to reduce operational costs and become more environmentally friendly.
- Developed the boilerplate proposal response for the OPUS East Property Management Department and participated in multiple short-list interviews to enable design / build wins for National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration, CACI, Northrop Grumman and others.
- Originated and developed the budget conversion spreadsheet for the GSA Form 1217 to capture all operational costs under the Federal Government Guidelines.
- Held a Secret Clearance to enable oversight of numerous Mission Critical Facilities for Department of Defense Contractors such as CACI, BAE Systems, Boeing, General Dynamics, and Northrop Grumman.
CB RICHARD ELLIS, INC., Reston, VA 2001 - 2002
Commercial Real Estate Company - transitioned along with portfolio upon change in Ownership
REAL ESTATE MANAGER
Provided the day-to-day management for 5 OPUS owned office buildings and 7 other 3rd party Property Owners, totaling over $1.2M rentable square feet. Developed the operational budgets, solicited and negotiated the service contracts, authorized the invoice processing, collected the rent and performed the CAM Reconciliation, hired and managed 5 building engineers, facilitated the commissioning of newly constructed office buildings.
TRIZECHAHN, Reston, VA 2000
Performed the full array of property management services for 21 buildings, totaling over $2M RSF of office, industrial and flex buildings with a mix of full service and triple net tenants. Supervised day-to-day responsibilities of multiple building engineers, assisted in the commissioning of a new 10-story office building in Reston, VA.
HEERY INTERNATIONAL, INC., Landover, MD 1994 - 2000
MANAGER, Business Development for Construction Management
- Certificate, Construction Management, Anne Arundel Community College, Severna Park, MD
- Certificate, Real Estate Appraisal, Northern Virginia Community College, Fairfax, VA
- Real Property Administrator (RPA) and Certified Master Facility Executive, BOMI
- Professional LEED AP for New Construction, USGBC
- Licensed Virginia Real Estate Salesperson, Moseley School of Real Estate, Fairfax, VA
- Licensed Practical Nurse, Raleigh County School of Nursing, Beckley, WV
- CREW Charlotte, Member - assisted with Queen City in Pink for Susan G Komen Race for the Cure
- BOMA Baltimore, Past Member - performed building inspections for Local and Regional TOBY Awards
- CREW Suburban Maryland, Past Board Member - established the CREW Endowment at Johns Hopkins University