MAHESH P. SHAH, MBA, P.E.
ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Lead structural/stressanalysis engineer with experience designing chemical plants (includingrefineries), utilities, and other large construction projects. Outstanding business (MBA) and engineering (P.E.) credentials. Domestic and internationalexperience. Haveworked on a project and more permanent basis. Seeking challengingpermanent employment opportunity in the Chicago region.
Solved complex engineeringproblems and saved my employers' money by reducing the quantity of materialsneeded in projects. Trained and mentoredjunior engineers to improve efficiency. Expertise in codes
CAREER HISTORY & HIGHLIGHTS
ASI/Jacobs Engineering, Baton Rouge, LA. Structural Engineer. 09/11-present. Assigned to engineering office in Baton Rouge, LA for a worksite in TN.
- Design foundations and super structure for chemical process plants and refineries.
- Trouble-shoot day-to-day engineering problems on a $1.5 billion project.
- Utilize PCMAT, PCCOLUMN, STAAD PRO, CAESAR II, and DESCON for sophisticated projects.
Doosan, Montvale, N.J. Senior Civil/Structural Engineer. 06/10-08/11. SouthKorean-based heavy industries and construction companywith annual sales of $25 billion. Designed coal and oil fired power plants with budgets of up to $4billion.
- Devised foundation and super structure used in (fossil) power plant.
- Directed and reviewed work of junior level engineers.
- Analyzed piping system used in power plants.
Highlighted consulting engagements from 2004-2010 include
Wright Industries, Tennessee - Design Consultant.
- Reviewed work per ASME section VIII, Division I code calculations of pressure vessels.
- Examined fatigue analysis calculations per ASME section VIII, Division II for the same vessel.
Herscher Compressor Station, Illinois - LeadCivil/Structural Design Engineer - on $3 million worth of projects.
- Devised pipe supports and computed the structural design of foundations for equipment.
- Evaluated pipe stress to ensure an effective high-pressure gas piping system.
Northern Natural Gas Co., Nebraska- Lead Civil/Structural Design Engineer - on $5 million project. Developed Caesar II pipingmodeling and stress analysis.
Exxon, BP Refinery, & Citgo, Chicago, IL area. ProcessImprovement Engineer on projectsworth $2 million each.
Cargill - StructuralEngineer on $30 millionbudget for structural design/analysis of distillation building structures usedfor processing corn into Ethanol and corn byproducts.
Cinergy Corporation, (worked with Sargent Lundyon this project, Chicago, IL) - Structural Engineer for $200 millionproject. Engineeredthe foundation of a baghouse for a coal fired power plant.
Metro Services Ltd., Vadodara, India. Project Engineer. 1993-2003. Planned commercial andindustrial construction projects from inception to completion.
Chemstress Consultant Co., Akron, OH Sr. Stress/Structural Engineer. 1990-1992. Provided engineeringservices to chemical, rubber, and power industry clients.
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
MBA. Baldwin-Wallace College. Berea, OH. Focus: Engineering Systems.
B.S. inEngineering. Detroit Institute ofTechnology. Detroit, MI.
ProfessionalEngineering (PE) license in Michigan and Illinois. NCEES recordestablished.
- Cathodic Protection July 2011.
- Optimizing Efficiency of Fossil power generation facilities May 2011.
- Generator Support Isolator in Power Plant Design May 2011.
- PipeNet Software.
STAAD Pro, Risa 2D/3D, PipeNet, Casear II, AutoCAD,Smartplant, Microsoft Office, Compress, Codecalc