Ten years of progressive management experience in the construction industry ranging from industrial contracting to residential home building with strengths in project management, estimating, warranty, scheduling, union jurisdictions and building codes. Recognized for a deep sense of work ethic and dedication. Effective in assessing and resolving operational problems to increase productivity, and excellent interpersonal communications. Strong commitment to teamwork, total client satisfaction and profitability.
PIPE SYSTEMS, INC., Troy Michigan 2006 - 2009
An industrial mechanical contractor specializing in new construction and industrial maintenance. Servicing Detroit Diesel, Ford, General Motors, Chrysler, and Delphi, with projects ranging from $2,000 to $10 million.
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of various waste water, process gas, HVAC, and other
industrial maintenance projects from preconstruction through closeout.
- Managed 25% of the companys large scale projects ranging from $2,000 to $5 million.
- Brought in nearly $2 million in new projects accounting for 5% of net new projects in 2 years.
- Directed and oversaw up to 50 direct reports including individuals from various labor unions. Responsible for overseeing subcontractor management.
- Prepared monthly cost control (MCC) reports and labor, cost, and revenue forecasts to mitigate inefficiencies, decrease costs and increase revenue. Performed field estimating/change orders.
- Proficient in project management scheduling software, contract documents, drawings and specification documents, scope of work and union labor policies .
- Maintained workplace safety by identifying potential hazards following governmental guidelines (OSHA) as well as MUST safety. Examined/inspected field conditions for issues, inaccuracies and inefficiencies aiding in reduced costs to the project and increasing overall profitability.
- Ran multiple projects at one time.
Detroit Diesel: Install new chiller and update and maintain existing chilled water piping on closed loop system.
GM Pontiac: Update and retool manufacturing lines during shutdown.
Oakland University: Maintenance on existing steam lines, including valve replacement.
American Axel: Remove and relocate existing tools and maintain existing supply lines.
Delphi: Integral part of installing new and existing equipment from existing locations to new facility.
Wayne State University: Install new boiler and cooling tower, as well as update and maintain existing steam and cooling system.
THE ATTIA GROUP, Grand Blanc Michigan 2005-2006
A medium sized production/custom home builder in homes priced between $190,000 and $700,000
Responsible for all phases of new residential home construction
- Implemented purchase order system resulting in reduced cost and eliminated paper invoices.
- Developed a homeowner manual, standards and options selection sheets, and warranty standards manual to better service our clients needs.
- Managed over 20 direct reports and oversaw day-to-day activities including time cards and pay.
- Ensured daily activities of new home construction were completed on-time; obtained building permits.
- Scheduled various phases of construction including design and demolition.
CROSSWINDS COMMUNITIES, Novi, Michigan 2001-2005
A nationally ranked top 100 residential homebuilder.
Responsible for overseeing and maintaining all aspects of residential single family home
purchasing from takeoff to contract negotiations.
Implemented a unit pricing system for 60% of vendor companys products reducing waste and lowering home building costs.
Tracked individual supplier problems; verified completion of corrective action requests through purchase orders and amended contracts. Helped maintain supplier performance records.
Worked closely with various departments within the corporation including architectural services, new home sales, dcor, and with the vice president of marketing.
Proficient in various computer software systems including Precision Estimating, HMS, Buyout, and Microsoft systems.
Quality Assurance Superintendent 2001-2002
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of new home warranty while maintaining customer service and satisfaction.
Maintained an average of 0.30 warranty work orders per homes in warranty.
Recognized numerous times for decreasing total number of outstanding work orders increasing client satisfaction.
Redesigned and implemented new work order scheduling system for vendors decreasing homeowners wait time.
Increased companys client satisfaction rating by 50% over a twelve-month period for all homes in warranty.
MSA in progress, Central Michigan University, Troy, Michigan
B.A.A, Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, Michigan 1999
Communications and Advertising/Marketing
RELEVANT TRAINING / CERTIFICATIONS
Michigan Builders License Current
OSHA 30 Hour Safety Training Current
MUST Safety Program (All modules) Current
The Art of Purchasing and Negotiating: Lee Evans Group Seminar, Denver, Colorado 2004
Estimating, Purchasing and Job Costing Lee Evans Group Seminar, Nashville, Tenn. 2003