Career Networking for the Built Environment
Design & Construction Job Descriptions & Questions
What is a Construction Manager job description?
|Add Answer |
Provides direction and management for commercial building construction projects and ensures on-schedule completion within or below budget in accordance with contractual obligations. |
1. Maintains communications with customer field personnel, ensuring that client specifications are met.
2. Assist Project Managers with bid walks as needed.
3. Assist with the preparation and submission of proposals / bids as needed.
4. Attend pre-construction walks. Order necessary materials and organize site-specific details for review with the site Foreman. Review scopes of work and schedule with job foreman.
5. Schedule and Mobilize company crews and approved subcontractors, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work.
6. Adhere to and enforce the Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan.
7. Ensure all crews review and sign off on safety topics and that the sign off sheet is placed in the safety drive.
8. Procure change orders from client to ensure payment.
9. Maintain customer database on projects taking ultimate responsibility for database integrity.
10. Assist in preparation and coordinate all final closeout documents to ensure their accuracy and submittal to client in a timely manner.
11. Ensure permitting, inspections and code compliance are completed as needed for each assigned project.
12. Direct and supervise all tower and civil foreman working on your assigned projects and provide leadership and guidance for crew members.
13. Review project costs for accuracy of time, materials and subcontractors.
14. Order all rental equipment needed for projects and ensure it is returned in a timely fashion.
15. Call in locates and notify all local utility companies before any excavations take place.
16. Comply with carrier specifications on all site construction by detailed coordination, review and approval of all documentation including but not limited to construction reports, grounding reports and as-builts.
17. Procure and provide all carrier materials for a project to a site by timely and accurately specifying required materials and coordinating with internal/external individuals as required.
18. Monitor and report performance of projects by ensuring full utilization of tracking tools and reports, observation of and attendance at progress meetings, and direct interaction with personnel and management for feedback.
The above responsibilities represent the major tasks assigned to incumbents on this job title. All work shall be in accordance with Project director Approval. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all tasks. Therefore, on occasion, incumbents may perform other related tasks
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
This job is performed both in a normal office environment and in the field. Frequent site visits may require extensive traveling and exposure to inclement weather conditions. This job requires the ability to walk sites, climb ladders, towers and walk on roofs to inspect work.
1. At least 5 years of telecommunications industry experience.
2. Demonstrated expertise in management skills.
3. Demonstrated expertise in construction skills, rigging, safety and general industry knowledge
4. Must be able to read and interpret site plans, construction drawings and scopes of work
5. Must be able to handle multiple projects effectively
6. Strong organizational and communication skills.
7. Strong computer skills in MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
8. Must possess a valid driver's license and comply with company motor vehicle policy.
9. Present professional image at all times. Added by:-