Facebook icons twitter icon Register | Login

Career Networking for the Built Environment
Resumes | Employers | Jobs | Answers

Resignation, Firing & Termination Questions

What can I do if the information on my background check is inaccurate?

Add Answer
If your employment background check includes inaccurate information, you should file a dispute in writing with the company that prepared the report. The company has 30 days to investigate your dispute. You should receive a written notice of the results not later than five business days after the investigation is completed.
To correct the error, you need to go to the source of the inaccuracy. This may be a court or a credit issuer. There are many different background check companies and fixing the inaccuracy with one company will not prevent another company from finding the same inaccurate information the next time. Added by:- Admin